Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So about a week ago I decided to make the adorable teachers toolbox...well after many days of deliberating...should I paint it? what colors should I use? should all of the paper match? should I use Mod Podge or tape? I have finally finished! All I have to do now is label the drawers (which I'm gonna wait and do after I get all of my supplies in there)

Drum roll please..............

In case you were wondering  the answers to all of the questions I had over the past week ...here they are! Hopefully it will help someone else when they decide to take on the project for themselves.

Should I paint it?
Yes...I decided to because the stack-ons that I bought from Home Depot were gray...so I debated whether I should go with white or black.I really wanted to do white, but then realized how dirty they would get so I went with black instead. Black really makes the colors POP I think!

What colors should I use?
Since I'm going with kind of a rainbow theme this year...really just bright colors....I decided to use several primary colors.

Should all of the paper match?
NO too boring for me!
But it will probably save you a lot of headaches if you buy a pack with all of the papers together. I originally tried to use the hodge podge of papers I had left over from my scrapbooking projects...but I couldn't find enough that really meshed for me. So after I bought the theme packs I was much happier! (that could have been just because I got to go shopping but IDK)

Should I use Mod Podge or tape?
I really struggled with this one. Originally I was going to use Mod Podge but after watching the tutorial from Maria at http://kindercraze.blogspot.com/2012/05/fancy-up-your-sterlite-drawers.html
I decided tape would be just fine, so I used double sided tape. This will also work with my need for change every year. The tape will make it much easier to change up the paper when I get tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment